Junior Interclubs, a Medal Day and Ribbon Day are held over eight Sundays during the season. These are open to ALL registered club athletes aged from 7 through to 15 years of age. There are often fun activities run for the Under 7s during part of the interclub events.
Complete a one off separate registration if your child is going to be competing in ANY of the seasons interclubs, Colgates or Wellington Champs. This is separate to to your registration with Olympic and you only have to do this once at the beginning of the sesason.
Interclub details (Traffic Light - Orange)
Information from Wellington Athletics about interclub:
- Entry into the stadium will be controlled, and a valid vaccine pass will be required for admission of all those aged 12 yrs, 3 months and over, as per the criteria of Athletics New Zealand, Wellington City Council and Athletics Wellington. This includes athletes, parents, spectators, coaches, volunteers, officials, people working on the BBQ etc.
- No pre-entry forms are required for athletes or spectators for this meet.
- Parents of athletes wanting to participate in the hurdles events are asked to arrive prior to 9:30am and help to put out the hurdles. We also ask that they help pack the hurdles away.
- There will be a BBQ and other treats on offer and organized by the Olympic Club, so bring cash if you want to purchase some food
- There will be a coffee cart
- We will publish “live results” during the meet, to a mobile phone app. This is a great way for people to see provisional results as soon as they are available, For details see: https://athleticswellington.org.nz/results
Interclub details (Covid Level 1)
- Interclubs start at 10am and finish around 2pm (you don't have to be there for the whole day).
- Interclubs are held at Newtown Park and one in Masterton.
- Kids get to compete against athletes in their age group from other clubs.
- For 7 to 15 year olds (with some activities run for the under 7s as well on the day)
- Wear your Olympic uniform for all the interclubs, medal day and ribbon day.
- You'll also need your Colgate Age Flash with your Olympic Registration Code. At the first interclub please get your age flash from the Olympic table which will be setup in the large room to the right as you enter Newtown Park.
- Each athlete competing earns individual points and club points at all the interclubs. At the end of the season they have an award for the individual in each age group with the most points, and the club with the most points. Olympic has won this trophy many times.
- All junior interclubs are free as part of your club membership.
We will send a programme out the week prior to each interclub. It’s a great family day out. The kids love it. It gives them a chance to make new friends and compete in a friendly environment.
There is also a Junior Medal Day at the Hutt Recreation Ground and a Junior Ribbon Day in Paraparaumu at the Domain.
Dates for 2021/22
- Interclub 1 - Sunday 31 October 2021
- Interclub 2 - Sunday 14 November (Newtown Park - Grade 11-14)
- Interclub 3 - Sunday 28 November 2021 (Newtown Park - Grade 7-10)
- Interclub 4 - Sunday 12 December 2021 (Olympic is hosting)
- Interclub 5 - Sunday 20 February 2022
- Interclub 6 - Sunday 6 March 2022
Results for the junior interclubs
Ribbon Day (Sunday 6 February 2022)
Ribbon Day this season they will have events for 5 and 6 year olds as well. It's $2 per child which you pay the club as you arrive.
Held at Aorangi Domain, Paraparaum
Note: for college age athletes and older there is also the option of the Saturday afternoon interclubs and regional meets that are listed on the Athletics Wellington calendar
Medal Day (CANCELLED FOR 2022 DUE TO COVID UNCERTAINITY)
At Medal Day you register on the day for events from 9.30am with a start time of 10am. It's $5 (cash) per child. At Medal Day they also have races for the Under 7s. And medals for the first three placings in each event (including each heat of the track races).
Held at Hutt Rec in Lower Hutt
Wellington Junior Champs (Sunday 20 & 27 March 2022)
The Wellington Junior Champs are held at Newtown Park over 2 days for athletes aged 7-15 years. These meets are great fun, and all are welcome.